COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR SAFARI
During these times of uncertainty and sudden changes in our lives, there has never been a better time to reconnect with nature. While on a safari in Kenya, you can breathe the fresh air, clear the mind and absorb some sunshine. Wild Kenya Safaris prioritizes the well being of our guests and staff by doing its best to implement the health and safety standards provided by both the Kenyan ministry of tourism and health.
Kenya has been listed for safe travel among 80 other global destinations by the World Travel and Tourism Council. We are continually monitoring the guidelines and are committed to the comfort of our guests and staff.
New Kenyan government guidelines, most of which we have always implemented as our standards:
1. Safari vehicles have a hand sanitizer available.
2. Guests and guides should wear and also carry spare face masks and any appropriate PPE's.
3. Guests and guides should sanitize and wash hands regularly.
4. Maintain social distancing and avoid physical contact especially in public areas.
5. Guests and guides temperature checks are done regularly either at the vehicle or camps and lodges.
6. Safari vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every new group tour.
7. Guests should carry their own reusable water bottle for daily refills.
8. At the time of booking your safari, a soft copy of the itinerary will be emailed to you in advance.
9. When completing the booking form, guests should provide us with all relevant contact information.
10. All the camps and lodges we use have been inspected and certified by the relevant authorities.
11. We offer privately guided tours, so only you and those you traveled with originally are in the vehicle.
12. If any guest develops symptoms, they should immediately and safely notify the guide and hotel management.
13. Make a note of the Ministry of Health Covid-19 contact number; Call 719 or Dial *719#
We are committed to the protection of the environment and its people, and as passionate wildlife lovers ourselves, we are committed to welcoming our guests now or in the future for a wonderful wildlife safari in Kenya.